tl;dr learn by doing and helping. be excellent to each other. have fun!
a primary goal of the tildeverse and of tilde.wiki is to be inclusive to the largest number of contributors, with the most varied and diverse backgrounds possible. as such, we are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for all.
this code of conduct outlines our expectations for all those who participate in our community, as well as the consequences for unacceptable behavior.
we invite all those who participate in our communities to help us create safe and positive experiences for everyone.
2. expected behavior
the following behaviors are expected and requested of all community members:
- participate in an authentic and active way. in doing so, you contribute to the health and longevity of this community.
- exercise consideration and respect in your speech and actions.
- attempt collaboration before conflict.
- refrain from demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behavior and speech.
- be mindful of your surroundings and of your fellow participants.
- teach when people need help. don't do it for them.
3. unacceptable behavior
the following behaviors are considered harassment and are unacceptable within our community:
- violence, threats of violence or violent language directed against another person.
- sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
- posting or displaying sexually explicit or violent material.
- posting or threatening to post other people's personally identifying information ("doxing").
- personal insults, particularly those related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, or disability.
- unwelcome sexual attention. this includes sexualized comments or jokes.
- deliberate intimidation, stalking or following.
4. consequences of unacceptable behavior
unacceptable behavior from any community member, including sponsors and those with decision-making authority (admins), will not be tolerated.
anyone asked to stop unacceptable behavior is expected to comply immediately.
if a community member engages in unacceptable behavior, the community organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including a temporary ban or permanent expulsion from community services, such as tilde.wiki, without warning (meaning your account will be terminated).
5. reporting guidelines
if you are subject to or witness unacceptable behavior, or have any other concerns, please contact an admin (see info below).
additionally, help engaging with law enforcement is available.
6. addressing grievances
if you feel you have been falsely or unfairly accused of violating this code of conduct, use the contact info of an administrator on a relevant tildeverse server to send a concise description of your grievance.
we expect all tilde.wiki members to abide by this code of conduct while engaging with other members on any and all platforms or services offered by the tildeverse and member tildes
8. license and attribution
this code of conduct is based on citizencodeofconduct.org and tilde.town coc under the terms of the creative commons attribution-sharealike license.
9. terms of service
the tildeverse relies on the common courtesy and consideration of users to make its services fair for everyone. the following offences will result in a service ban:
you must be at least 13 years or older to use most tildeverse services (to respect the united states' COPPA rules).
here are some things that we don't allow:
- deliberately defacing the accounts of other users
- deliberately trying to disrupt servers or services
- using servers or services as a launch pad for disrupting other servers
- this includes outgoing net- and portscanning
- using tilde services to impersonate other websites and businesses for criminal purposes
- storing/distributing pornography of any genre and medium (especially child pornography)
- storing/distributing content that defames any individual
- promoting racial, ethnic, religious, political & other forms of bigotry
- mining cryptocurrencies
- intentionally abusing shared system resources to such a degree that
- other users are disrupted
- operating of the system is disrupted
- note: the exact values vary from server to server