|Un tilde pero en castellano -- a small spanish-speaking tilde|
|Created||Oct 30 2020|
Texto-plano.xyz is a Spanish-speaking tilde created in late October 2020 due to the lack of a specific space for these users. It aims at creating a community of users learning and playing with a UNIX system and it's free for everyone. It's founded on the following principles:
- Non commercial
- Focused on server interaction rather than services
- Spanish speaking
People requesting accounts should read the code of conduct and be able to interact with others in Spanish. Account requests are reviewed manually.
Texto-plano.xyz is physically located in a US server. This is server has been deployed using OpenBSD for security concerns and added novelty. Some services are provided from a Chilean server but it's not available for direct SSH access.
All services are available for users of the server:
- Mail server (tied to UNIX accounts)
- Gopherholes (gophernicus)
- Web server (nginx: ej: texto-plano.xyz/~user)
- Local BBJ (internal BBS)
- Git server
- Icecast radio
- Jabber server (@texto-plano.xyz)
- Caja (sharing folder available at caja.texto-plano.xyz)
- Voice chat (Mumble) (CL/US)
- Pleroma (CL)
- DoH(set up https://doh.texto-plano.xyz) (CL)
Some services might need to be requested to the admin. Software can also be requested and pdmenu shows most available applications.
Users of texto-plano.xyz produce: El podcast de Texto-Plano. A podcast about free software, privacy and tilde stuff.